Exploring 'Good Hifi On The Cheap'
- A life-long journey from ignorance to nice-but-cheap hifi.
The missteps are (it turns out) the fun steps.
- Getting to ‘Good Hifi On The Cheap’. (547 words)
With no adult supervision, I fell for the #1 trick in the hifi store book (listened to a slightly better item, “Only costs a bit more, but you can hear the difference”).
- Headphones on the move. (578 words)
Small improvements are more apparent with headphones. You have my sympathies.
- Desktop Audio, or “Is near-field listening a thing?” (948 words)
Firstly, on a desktop, your speakers will most likely be small, and that means very little bass.
- Awkward Alcove, or “If you want your hifi, it’ll have to go there”. (1013 words)
And with those new speakers, hifi nirvana. Suddenly all the other parts of the system can shine too.