Here we have a (small) assortment of newly-developed games. So far, they are all based on the premise of using standard playing cards to make something interesting and challenging.
- Boulesless - a homebrew game of boules for when you have no boules (1361 words)
can be anything that is even vaguely throwable, ranging from bottle caps to pine cones to footballs to tennis rackets, shoes or twigs.
- Cardbot Derby (1608 words)
use a standard deck of playing cards to enter a world of more or less out of control cardbots
- Pouches of Destiny (2479 words)
use a standard deck of playing cards to enter a world of garbage and marsupial desperation
Non standard, standard-cards-only games
- Lamarckian Poker by CheapAss Games, which comes as part of a set of standard-cards-only games. (boardgamegeek)
Multi-layered use of cards
Synergies between cards
- Dominion (boardgamegeek)
- some US-centric words on game copyright, trademark, patents
- These games are under Creative Commons (see About), BTW. Do please use, copy, and embellish, and let me know.
- the BoardGameGeek site, a comprehensive board game resource.